Peschiera del Garda is set at the low shore of the Veronese Lake Garda, 25 km from Verona. It is the most occidental city of the Veneto region. Peschiera is set at the feet of the morainic hills, where the Lake Garda waters flow in the Mincio river. Canals surround the city completely and walls that have changed the natural rivers flood close the old town centre.
A bike track starts form the city through cypresses, olive groves and the antique mills (about 42,5 km). The track takes to Mantua. Another path starting from Peschiera takes through the Mincio Natural Park, along the homonymous river.
Peschiera and Desenzano are the only two cities on Lake Garda directly reachable by train and they are consequently well connected with Milan and Venice. For example, the journey from Peschiera to Milan lasts around an hour and a half. The train station is only a couple of minutes on foot from the old town centre.
Places of interest are the Frassino Lake, the largest of the morainic lakes, which thanks to its varied fauna and flora has been added by the European Union to the Special Protection Area list (SPA). Furthermore, the sanctuary “Madonna del Frassino” is worth a visit. In these place the Madonna appeared in 1511.
Between Perschiera and Sirmione goes a large beach ideal to relax and lay in the sun. Here, families can spend happy hours playing in the water and tasting a delicious ice cream or a fresh drink in the beach bar.
The fun parks in proximity of Peschiera attract uncountable guests: it doesn’t matter if they are adults or children, fun is assured.
Throughout the whole year many cultural, sport and musical events are organized for the whole family. The weekly market takes place every Monday.
|68 m (223 ft)
|Broglie, Dolci, San Benedetto di Lugana
|Castelnuovo del Garda, Desenzano del Garda (BS), Ponti sul Mincio (MN), Pozzolengo (BS), Sirmione (BS), Valeggio sul Mincio
Lake Garda, with its numerous natural beauties and well-conserved attractions, is part of the most famous touristic destinations in Italy.
Lake Garda is rich of valuable and important attractions connected to the history of the lake. Year after year, very historically important monuments have been added and they have left their traces on the 25 localities around the lake and its surroundings. Castles, palaces, fortresses and villas are still today a characteristic of the villages.
Some of the most famous places of interest are:
- The botanic garden “Arboretum” in Arco, with its 150 plant types, among which the tall mammoth trees and the famous cave “Grotta di Patone”
- “Piazza III Novembre” square with its antique palaces, the “Rocca” fortress, the churches and the bastion in Riva del Garda
- The palace “Palazzo dei Capitani” and the historical parish churches in the centre of Malcesine
- The palace “Palazzo del Consiglio di Gardesana”, which was built in the 14th Century, the castle “Castello degli Scaligeri”, seat of the Ethnographic Museum, the baroque church “San Pietro e Paolo” and the little church “S.S, Trinità” in Torri del Benaco.
- The cave “Grotta Tanella” with its galleries reached by water, stalactite and stalagmite at the feet of the Monte Baldo and in proximity of Pai (neighbour community of Torri del Benaco)
- The palace “Palazzo dei Capitani”, Villa Alberini, Villa Canossa and the monastery “Eremo di San Giorgio sulla Rocca” in the famous island Garda.
- The church “San Severo” in Bardolino, the Olive Oil Museum directly beside the Gardesana and the church “Santa Maria” in Cisano
- The little church “Madonna degli Angeli”, the “Cossali Sella” Villa, the tower “Torre Viscontea” in Castelnuovo del Garda
- The sanctuary “Madonna del Frassino” in Peschiera del Garda
- The church “Santa Maria Maggiore”, the church “San Pietro” in Mavino and the Archaeological Museum in Sirmione
- The medieval castle and the Archaeological Museum in Desenzano del Garda
- The “Barbieri” Villa in Padenghe sul Garda
- The ruins of the fortress “Rocca” of Manerba, the Archaeological Museum and the churches in Manerba
- The parish baroque church, the ruins of the San Felice castle, the sanctuary “Madonna del Carmine”, the “Monte di Pietà” building in San Felice del Benaco
- The “Santa Maria Annunziata” cathedral and the palace “Palazzo della Podestà” in Salò
- The “Vittoriale degli Italiani” estate in Gardone di Sopra in proximity of Gardone Riviera
- The parish churches “San Pietro” and “San Paolo” in Toscolano, the sanctuary “Madonna del Benaco” and the palace “Palazzo Nuovo” in Maderno
- The cloister of the “San Francesco” church, the bell’s tower of the “San Martino” church and Villa Feltrinelli in Gargnano sul Garda
- The sanctuary “Madonna di Montecastello” in Tignale
- The church “San Giovanni Battista” in Pieve, the church “San Bartolomeo” in Vesio and the Antonian chapel in Usteccio – these three municipal district are part of the territory of Tremosine
- The church “San Rocco”, whose origin is in 16th century and the church “San Benedetto” in Limone
If you are looking for a holiday allowing you to practice different activities every day, Lake Garda with its various entertainment possibilities is your ideal location.
In Lake Garda, it is never boring and thanks to its many fun parks, natural parks and events Lake Garda is one of the most popular vacation localities.
The majority of the fun parks are open from the beginning of May to the end of September; some of them are even open for the whole year. Fun and entertainment are assured by the numerous full time offers which allow children and adults to live funny moments together.
Parking areas are available and you can have a break in the near bars and restaurants to be always ready for new activities.